BSH services include, but are not limited to:
- Medical visits by appointment
- Walk-in visits. (Walk-in visits are limited and will be evaluated for acuity and medical necessity. Scheduling an appointment is recommended.)
- Routine gynecology visits by appointment
- Contraceptive counseling/emergency contraception
- Assessment and treatment of routine illness and injuries (such as cold, coughs, stomachaches, abrasions, minor lacerations, sprains)
- Care for chronic illnesses
- Drug and alcohol counseling and education
- Minor surgical procedures
- Nutrition counseling
- Physical examinations
- Physical therapy
- Referral to local specialists
- Travel medicine
- Treatment for psychological issues (in conjunction with Bucknell's Counseling and Student Development Center)
- Health education programs for residence halls and student organizations
- Pamphlets on health-related topics
Learn more about our services
When Should I Visit Student Health?
- feel ill?
- need a TB test?
- want to get weighed?
- think you have an STD? (Sexually Transmitted Disease)
- want information on free HIV/AIDS testing?
- need sutures to be placed or removed?
- need a Pap smear?
- think you're pregnant?
- need emergency contraception (Morning After Pill)?
- need emergency care?
- need an HPV vaccine?
- want a referral to a specialist?
- need a dressing to be changed?
- want health information?
- have a friend with an eating disorder?
- feel tense?
- need your blood pressure checked?
- need help understanding how to take your prescription medication?
- think you need an x-ray?
- want an existing health condition monitored while you are at Bucknell?
- think that you, a loved one, or another person has an alcohol or other drug problem?
- feel you have a special need or concern?
- need advice for a health-related project?
Call Bucknell Student Health at extension 71401 from a campus phone or dial 570.577.1401
- For gynecological services and information or to answer any questions you may have, make an appointment to meet with the University nurse practitioner for women's health. You can do so by calling Bucknell Student Health at 570.577.1401. Services include birth control, sexually transmitted disease, and pregnancy information, testing, and assistance.
Physical Therapy Services
- Geisinger/HEALTHSOUTH is proud to be the new on campus provider of Physical Therapy services at Bucknell University. Ryan McGlaughlin, PT and Josh Manning, PT ATC CSCS will be providing this service to the students, faculty, and staff. They will be providing this service from the Sports Medicine Center in the Kenneth Langone Athletics and Recreation Center (KLARC) and look forward to taking care of all your physical therapy needs. If you have questions, or would like to schedule an appointment, please call 570.577.1906.
- For alcohol, tobacco, and other drug counseling and information, please call the Staff Psychologist/Alcohol and other Drugs Specialist. Individual or group prevention/education programs can also be arranged. The specialist can be reached at 570.577.1604.
- For nutritional information/tips or to answer any questions you may have about your nutrition, make an appointment to meet with the college nutritionist. You can do so by calling the Bucknell Student Health Service line at 570.577.1401.