Dance Scholarship Requirements
Dance merit scholars must minor in dance.
- Viedo (featuring solo performance, preferably) and written description to identify who you are in group pieces
- Résumé that addresses training background and performing experiences
Send materials by Nov. 15 (Early Decision I candidates) or Jan. 15 (Regular Decision and Early Decision II candidates); using SlideRoom.
Finalists for dance merit scholarships will participate in these on-campus activities:
- Ballet, modern and jazz workshop audition classes
- Performance of two-minute solo in genre of choice (preferably something close to ballet, modern or jazz)
- You are responsible for bringing the accompanying music on CD or iPod. Please note that formal costumes are not required.
Candidates have a chance to meet with past scholarship recipients and participants of the Dance program.
Families are invited to a Q&A session with department students and faculty.