Awards for Non-Music Majors
To receive Arts Merit Scholarship consideration as a non-music major candidate, please submit a recording. Criteria for the recording are as follows:
- features a solo performance, not ensemble work
- not to exceed 10 minutes in length
Submit materials by Nov. 15 (Early Decision I candidates) or Jan. 15 (Regular Decision and Early Decision II candidates); using SlideRoom.
The non-music major scholarship recommendations are determined by the evaluation of the submitted audition recordings.
The Department of Music DOES NOT hold on-campus auditions for non-music majors.
Submit by Oct. 1
Early Decision Candidates
Early decision applicants must submit application materials to the Department of Music by October 1, 2014.
Please note that auditions for Early Decision candidates must take place before November 14, 2014.
Auditions are scheduled through Brenda Ross (phone 570.577.1216 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Submit between Sept. 1 and Jan. 15
Regular Decision Candidates
Regular decision applicants must submit application materials to the Department of Music between September 1, 2014, and January 15, 2015.
Invitations to audition will be offered to all candidates judged eligible following the Admissions Department academic pre-screening process.
Regular decision music candidates have a choice of the following audition dates:
- Saturday, January 24, 2015
- Saturday, February 14, 2015
- Saturday, February 28, 2015
What to Submit
Application Materials for Early and Regular Decision Candidates:
- Department of Music Audition Form
- Performance Resume that addresses your training background and experiences in music (submit via SlideRoom)
- Samples of creative compositional work — scores and/or recordings are to be submitted via SlideRoom (for intended composition majors only)