Associate Dean, College of Engineering
- B.S. in Civil Engineering, Bucknell University, 1983
- M.S. in Civil Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 1990
- Ph.D., Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 1994
- Construction safety, particularly designing for construction safety
- Project management, particularly project management simulation
- Construction innovation
- Fellow, American Society of Civil Engineers
- Member, NIOSH NORA Construction Sector Canal and Co-Chair, Construction Hazards Prevention through Design Workgroup (2006-2008)
- Vice Chair, ASCE-Construction Institute Prevention through Design Committee (2007-2009)
- Professional Civil Engineer registered in Pennsylvania
- OSHA 500 Trainer for the construction industry
- Member, Sigma Xi, Tau Beta Pi, Chi Epsilon, Omicron Delta Kappa, and Mortar Board honor societies
- Member, American Society of Safety Engineers
Toole, T. M. and G. Carpenter (2013). "Prevention through Design as a Path Towards Social Sustainability. J. of Architectural Engineering 19(3): 169-173.
Toole, T. M. (2012, 2008). "Safety Engineering Cost Analysis and Budgeting" in Safety Professionals' Handbook, Second Edition. Edited by Joel M. Haight. Des Plaines, IL: American Society of Safety Engineers.
Toole, T. M., M. R. Hallowell, and P. S. Chinowsky (2013). "A Tool for Enhancing Innovation in Construction Organizations." Engineering Projects Organization Journal 3(1):32-50.
Toole, T., M. P. Heckel, and M. R. Hallowell (2013). "Public and Organizational Policy: A Key Factor Enabling Prevention through Design." Professional Safety 58(1):41-49.
Toole, T. M., P. Chinowsky and M. Hallowell (2011). "Strategic Innovation in EPC." Chinowsky, P. S. and A. D. Songer, Eds. Organization Management in Construction. London: Spon Press/Taylor & Francis.
Toole, T. M. (2011). "Internal Impediments to ASCE Vision 2025." Leadership and Management in Engineering 11(2):197-207.
Abowitz, D. and T. M. Toole (2010). "Mixed Method Research: Fundamental Issues of Design, Validity and Reliability in Construction Research." Journal Of Construction Engineering and Management 136 (1): 108-116.
Hallowell, M. R. and T. M. Toole (2009). "A Contemporary Design-Bid-Build Model." Journal of Construction Engineering and Management 135(6): 540-549.