December 2011 News
- Cabaret Jazz Series resumes Feb. 8 with Randy Napoleon Quartet
The Janet Weis Cabaret Series at Bucknell University resumes for the spring semester Feb. 8 with a performance by the Randy Napoleon Quartet at 7:30 p.m. in the lobby of the Weis Center.
- Weis Center welcomes world's performing artists
The spring semester of performances at the Weis Center for the Performing Arts at Bucknell University begins Jan. 27 with a concert by the Jupiter String Quartet, with pianist Jon Nakamatsu, at 8 p.m.
- Season's Greetings
The University would like to wish everyone the happiest of holidays. Please enjoy this slideshow as you celebrate the season.
- Bucknell groups honored with Maxwell Award
Three collaborative project teams at Bucknell University were honored recently with the Maxwell Award, which is presented annually to cross-functional groups, project teams and task forces that have participated in exceptional collaborative efforts.
- Video: College of Engineering hosts Gizmo Expo
Video coverage of the sixth annual Engineering and Science Education Exposition held Dec. 5, 2011.
- Dozens of students, faculty collaborate to restore local creek
Miller Run, a Susquehanna River tributary that runs through campus, is the focus of a major collaborative research project involving students, faculty, administrators and the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection.
- Bucknell Candlelight Service to air on local PBS station
The Emmy-nominated "Bucknell Candlelight Christmas" service will air on local PBS station WVIA this holiday season on Dec. 21 at 7 p.m., Dec. 22 at 10 p.m., Dec. 23 at 8 p.m., Dec. 24 at 7 p.m., and Dec. 25 at midnight and 10 a.m.
- Students contribute to report on Pa. diabetes hospitalizations
A group of Bucknell University students has conducted crucial data analyses and helped to prepare a report on Pennsylvania's diabetes- related hospitalizations.
- Ask the Experts: Andrea Leithner Stauffer on student loan debt
Andrea Leithner Stauffer, director of financial aid, offers advice on student loan debt.
- Professor shares research, discovery of regional 'treasures' in brochure
Professor Katie Faull, who is translating diaries left behind by the Moravians who settled in the region during the colonial period, has written the text for a new driving tour brochure published by the Susquehanna River Valley Visitors Bureau.
- New Facebook page provides glimpse into life at Bucknell
On a newly created Facebook page, first-year student Haley Beidel chronicles her experiences on campus.
- SBDC partnerships offer students real business experience
Student consultants in Bucknell's Small Business Development Center work with local businesses each semester on projects ranging from product development and business plans to cost analysis and marketing.
- Students support recycling efforts in town, elementary school
Bucknell students and faculty gather trash downtown and help local children separate lunch tray waste.
- Bucknell student films Dec. 6
The Film/Media Studies Department at Bucknell University will present several student works Tuesday, Dec. 6, at 7 p.m. in the Campus Theatre.