Amadeus Premium Fleet
The elegance, romance and magic of Amadeus Mozart's music have been perfectly blended in physical form in the prestigious Amadeus Premium river fleet, among the finest vessels to ply the waterways of Europe. Meticulously crafted by Europe's finest shipbuilders, these deluxe ships combine comfortable accommodations and exceptional service with state-of-the-art technology to provide an ideal venue for exploring the natural and historical treasures of Europe's rivers and canals.
Each ship offers approximately 76 outside staterooms and suites tastefully appointed in classic styles (from 160 square feet). Staterooms are furnished with two twin beds (convertible to one double bed) and have individually controlled air conditioning, private bathroom facilities with shower, telephone, television and writing desk. Many staterooms feature glass sliding doors and French balconies.
All meals are served in a single open seating in the elegant dining room where highly skilled chefs prepare Gourmet Continental cuisine featuring local ingredients. Passengers can enjoy picturesque views of passing landscapes through floor-to-ceiling dining room windows.
Facilities and services typically include two bars, sun deck, hair salon, boutique, and a fitness center with massage services.
The English-speaking crews aboard Amadeus vessels provide the highest level of personalized service and the warmest hospitality. Each ship also meets the highest international, environmental and safety standards.
- Two nights in a deluxe hotel, located at the foot of the Alps on the banks of Lake Lucerne.
- Welcome reception.
- Swiss breakfast each morning.
- Walking tour of historic Lucerne.
- Cable-car excursion up Mt. Pilatus with descent on the Pilatus Bahn, the world's steepest cogwheel railway.
- Scenic cruise on Lake Lucerne.
- Scenic motorcoach transfer from Lucerne to Andermatt.
- Spectacular train journey aboard the famous Glacier Express from Andermatt to Zermatt.
- Two nights in a traditional, first-class chalet-style hotel.
- Swiss breakfast each morning.
- Dramatic rail journey aboard the Gornergrat Bahn, one of the most picturesque train rides in the world, to see breathtaking views of the Matterhorn.
Scenic transfer from Zermatt to Basel.
- Visits to the enchanting alpine towns of Montreux and Gruyères en route to Basel.
On board the deluxe Amadeus Premium Fleet
- Five-night, exclusively chartered cruise from Basel, Switzerland to Amsterdam, The Netherlands, with port calls at Strasbourg, France; Mannheim (Heidelberg), Rüdesheim, Koblenz and Cologne, Germany.
- Accommodations in an outside stateroom or suite with private bathroom facilities.
- Special welcome and farewell receptions.
- All meals served at single seatings-breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea, dinner and late-evening snack-featuring continental cuisine.
- Tour of Old Town Strasbourg, a UNESCO World Heritage site, known for its timber-framed houses.
- Excursion to Heidelberg's 13th-century castle.
- Walking tour of the charming medieval town of Rüdesheim in the heart of the Rhine Valley, a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- City walk of Cologne, including a visit to the city's magnificent Gothic Cathedral, a UNESCO World Heritage site.
Enhanced Travel Services
- All transfers and luggage handling abroad for all participants who have purchased their air tickets through Gohagan & Company and whose arrival(s)/departure(s) coincide with the scheduled group transfer(s).
- All excursions and visits, as outlined in the itinerary, led by experienced, English-speaking local guides.
- Gratuities for local guides and drivers on included excursions and transfers.
- Experienced Travel Directors to accompany you throughout the travel program.
- Hospitality desk aboard the ship.
- Travel document wallet, name badge and pre-departure information.
- Automatic $250,000 flight insurance policy for each participant ticketed on flights by Gohagan & Company.