Association for the Arts
The Mission of the Bucknell University Association for the Arts is to enhance the educational experience of Bucknell students by supplementing the University's ongoing budget support of essential artistic opportunities and by advocating for the arts' central role in the University's curriculum, students' out-of-class experience, and Bucknell's public profile. The Association for the Arts recognizes, as stated in the University Mission Statement, that "the University's primary responsibility is to provide wide educational opportunities within a collegiate setting" and that "the undergraduate experience serves as a catalyst for the student's intellectual development and as a means of fostering the growth of each individual's capacity for self-awareness and sustatined commitment to learning."
The Association for the Arts strives to achieve this mission by:
- Funding scholarships to talented students with an interest in the arts who demonstrate documented financial need,
- Supporting residencies, workshops, performances or other visits by alumnae/i and other professionals in the arts,
- Providing funding for professional development and growth in the arts,
- Promoting and supporting the incorporation of the arts in university-wide interdisciplinary programs, and
- Supporting, in any way possible (including helping to raise funds), the mission of the university as it relates to arts education and experience.