On-campus services are offered when the University is in session. See fall and spring exceptions and special events following this list.
- Rooke Chapel Congregation (Protestant): Welcoming Christian Worship Service, Sundays, 11 a.m., Rooke Chapel; www.orgs.bucknell.edu/rcc
Contact: Rev. Dr. John Patrick Colatch, University Chaplain, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Roman Catholic (Christian): Masses: Saturdays, 4:30 p.m., Rooke Chapel; Sundays, 4 p.m., Rooke Chapel. For weekday Mass and Sacrament of Penance (Confession) schedule see: www.orgs.bucknell.edu/ccm
Contact: Father Bernard Wamayose, Chaplain for the Catholic Community, Newman House, x73766, email@example.com
- Jewish: Kabbalat Shabbat Services, Fridays, 5:30 p.m. followed by dinner, Berelson Center for Jewish Life (632 St. George Street)
Contact: Rabbi Serena Fujita, Jewish Chaplain, Berelson Ctr. for Jewish Life, x72273, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mindfulness Meditation: Sittings, Mondays, 5 p.m., Rooke Meditation Chapel
Contact: Nancy White, email@example.com
- Muslim: Daily prayers and gatherings, Gateway Roser 40
Contact: Mohammed Ahamed for times, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Orthodox (Christian): Compline Prayers, Wednesdays, 6 p.m., Rooke Meditation Chapel; Vespers, Saturdays, 6 p.m., Rooke Meditation Chapel; monthly Sunday Divine Liturgy: Sept. 14 OR 21; Oct. 19 & 26; Nov. 16 & 23; Jan.18 & 25; Feb. 15 & 22; March 22 & 29; April 26 at 10 a.m., Bucknell Hall
Contact: Professor Alf Siewers, email@example.com or Fr. James Chuta, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pentecostal Christian: The Gathering, Sundays, 6:30 p.m., location to be announced.
Contact: Amy Davis, email@example.com
Regular services from Aug. 24 through Dec. 14.
- Sunday, Sept. 28 (Family Weekend)
Rooke Chapel Congregation: with the Rooke Chapel Choir and Ringers, 11 a.m.
Catholic Mass: 10 a.m., Bucknell Hall (no 4 p.m. Mass)
- Oct. 11-14 (Fall Recess)
No services during Fall Recess
- Sunday, Oct. 26
Rooke Chapel 50th Anniversary Celebration, 11 a.m.
Weaving Together the Threads of Our Spiritual Lives: Rooke Chapel and Beyond
- Nov. 26 - 29 (Thanksgiving Recess)
No services during Thanksgiving Recess
Regular services from Jan. 17 through May 3.
- Ash Wednesday, Feb. 18
Catholic Mass: noon
Ecumenical Service: 5 p.m.
- March 7-15 (Spring Recess)
No services during Spring Recess
- Palm/Passion Sunday, March 29
Rooke Chapel Congregation: 11 a.m.
Catholic Mass: 4 p.m.
- Holy/Maundy Thursday, April 2
Catholic Mass: 8 p.m.
- Good Friday, April 3
Rooke Chapel Congregation: noon in the Meditation Chapel
Catholic Mass: noon in Rooke Chapel main sanctuary
- Easter Sunday, April 5
Rooke Chapel Congregation: 11 a.m.
Catholic Mass: 10 a.m. & 11:30 a.m. in the Terrace Room, Langone Center (No 4 p.m. Mass on Easter Sunday)
Rooke Chapel Accessibility:
Parking for people with disabilities is available in the Stadium Drive lot. An accessible ramp is located on the right side of the Chapel. The ramp for drop-off may be accessed by turning onto the driveway opposite the Weis Center off Dent Drive. There is an accessible sign at the entrance to the driveway. Drive to the ramp adjoining the chapel portico and exit back out onto Dent Drive to one of the parking areas. An accessible unisex bathroom is located in the Chapel to the left upon entry. Please advise the Chaplains Office if you have a person with a disability and require information on accommodations. (Phone: 570.577.1592 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org)
For more information about religious programs and groups on or off-campus, please call the Office of Chaplains and Religious Life at x71592.