For the Environment
- Recycling reduces our reliance on landfills and incinerators.
- Recycling conserves our natural resources because it reduces the need for raw materials.
- Recycling can protect our health and environment when harmful substances are removed from the waste stream.
For the Economy
- For every job in collecting recyclables, 26 are created in processing the materials and manufacturing them into new products.
For Bucknell University
- BU has diverted over 3250 tons of waste from being sent to landfills in the last decade. At $45.00/ton in tipping fees at the landfill, that is about $133,700 in cost avoidance.
- BU also receives revenue from the sale of recoverable resources.