Working On Campus

Bucknell offers a variety of jobs on campus. Many students have found that working on campus is a great opportunity to earn extra money, get work experience, as well as enrich their personal skills. Students in F-1 and J-1 status are permitted to work on campus for up to 20 hours per week during spring and fall semesters, and up to 40 hours during summer. || Read more about working on campus.

Working Off Campus

Bucknell offers a variety of off campus jobs too. Many students staying here over longer breaks will take advantage of doing OPT (Optional Practical Training) and CPT (Curricular Practical Training). || Read more about working off campus.

Social Security Number

A social security number is given to American citizens at birth and has become a form of identification. It is necessary to have a social security number to be employed on campus. You will have the opportunity to apply for a social security number during International Student Orientation. || Find out more about how to obtain a Social Security Number.


If you work in the US, you will have file a tax return. Bucknell purchases a web program for non-U.S. members of our community to help with filing taxes. || Find out more about help filing U.S. taxes.

Career Development Center

The Bucknell Career Development Center assists students and alumni with employment, internships, externships, choice of majors, career and industry interests, and graduate/professional school searches. || Visit the Career Development Center.

The CDC also has resources more directed at International Students, with workshops, extra information on OPT and CPT, international internships and more.


Places I've Been

The following links are virtual breadcrumbs marking the 27 most recent pages you have visited in If you want to remember a specific page forever click the pin in the top right corner and we will be sure not to replace it. Close this message.