Some of these sites are for commercial products or services and this list is not intended as an endorsement from the Bucknell SBDC.
Inventor Information and Education:
- Engineers, scientists and manufacturers can search for manufacturers and suppliers in a wide range of industrial topics ranging from chemical to aerospace, metalworking, mechanical, electronics, and more.
- Warnings about invention promotion firms.
- Top Ten Inventor Myths!
- Information from the Lemelson-MIT Program for inventors, including an “Inventor’s Handbook”
- Resources for Innovators from the Deshpande Center at MIT, information to assist you in shepherding your innovation to the marketplace and see it successfully commercialized.
- A magazine committed to educating and inspiring independent and professional innovators.
- The WIN-I2 Innovation Evaluation Service is an inventor/innovator assistance service that provides a third-party analysis of the risks and potential of ideas, inventions, and new products.
- Found a problem, not sure how to solve it? Try out the Ideation/TRIZ Methodology of problem solving.
- Advanced product development discussions and papers from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology’s Center for Innovation in Product Development.
- The US Patent and Trademark Office: the place for an inventor to start.
- Search over 7 million U.S. patents for prior art.
- An excellent patent search tutorial from Penn State to help you make your search more effective
- Penn College’s Plastics Manufacturing Center, Williamsport, PA.
- Manufacturing Extension Partnership program: the industrial resource centers in PA.
- PENNTAP: technical assistance from Penn State University.
- An introduction to rapid prototyping.
- From American Mold Builders Association, a comparison of U.S. versus offshore mold costs.