How to Sign up and Register
- First, sign up for a membership; then register for up to two courses per term.
- Fill out the form in the center of the course catalog or download a .pdf version of the membership and course registration form (click below), fill it out, and send it in with your payment. Membership and Course Registration form
- Courses are filled on a first-come, first-served basis until the starting date of the course. Some courses may be cancelled due to low enrollment. Members are encouraged to register early to avoid risk of courses being filled or cancelled.
- If more than one registration from the same address, please submit separate registration forms for each person. Payments may be combined.
- Membership Fee: $50 for one year (expires December 31, 2014); $30 for half-year (expires June 30, 2014)
- Individual Course Fee: $40 for six-week courses; $30 for three-week courses
Membership and course registration are confirmed by email or U.S. mail on receipt of payment. Do not attend a course unless your registration has been confirmed. New/renewing members will receive a membership card with their confirmation.
- Each term is six weeks long and may include 3- and 6-week classes.
- Classes meet once each week for 1 ½ to 2 hours each time (see individual course descriptions).
- Spring 2014 runs from February 24 through April 4, except where noted.
- Course 161 will meet three times per week for two weeks in June.
Location of Classes, Lunch & Learn, Tea & Talk
Class locations include ChantanaThai Restaurant, the East Buffalo Township building, the Public Library for Union County, the Mifflinburg Bank & Trust Community Room, the Spring Run Professional Park, SUN Chapter of the American Red Cross, and RiverWoods Senior Living Community (see course listings for exact location). Lunch & Learn and Tea & Talk take place at The Village Common at Buffalo Valley Lutheran Village. Directions are located at the back of the course catalog and may also be downloaded as a .pdf.
- Photographs: Registering to become a member of this institute gives us permission to use any photos that include you in our print and electronic publications. If you do not want us to use your photograph, please notify the photographer at the event.
- Refund Policy: Course registration fees will be refunded if a request is made before the start of the first class, or if space in desired classes is unavailable. The membership fee is generally not refundable, but a refund will be considered in cases where a member has not been able to enroll in courses.
- All classes and schedules are subject to change. BILL reserves the right to limit class size and to cancel classes if there is insufficient enrollment. See the minimum and maximum number of students listed for each course described.
- Class cancellation for severe weather and other emergencies: Classes will be canceled when the Lewisburg area schools are closed due to inclement weather (School District website: www.lasd.us; announcements are on local radio and television stations, as well). BILL classes will be held as scheduled when the school district is running on a delayed opening schedule. Be alert to the potential for mid-day cancellations and check information sources accordingly.
- Class cancellation by course leaders: Students will be notified by email or telephone if a class is canceled. Make-up dates and times will be arranged on an individual class basis.
Communications and Computer Use
If you supply an email address, we will use it to send news, calendars of events, and invitations and we will expect that you will be aware of our mailings. Make sure email@example.com is in your address book so that your mail program doesn't treat BILL messages as spam. If you do not have an email address, we will, as much as possible, use US Mail to send the same information.
If you don't have access to a computer, there are several at the Public Library for Union County that are free to use, and the BILL office has a computer for members' use. If you do not currently have an email account, we can assist you with setting up a free account, and you can have access to it and other computer resources any time the BILL office is open.
Support This Community Effort
Your tax-deductible donation to the Bucknell Institute for Lifelong Learning will provide resources to support scholarships, special events, and courses. To make a donation, call us at 570-577-3200, indicate your donation on the registration form, or give now online via our secure "Make a Gift" form. If donating by check, please make it payable to Bucknell University, and note “Lifelong Learning” in the memo line.