Charles J. Kim
Associate Professor of Mechanical Engineering
Dept. of Mechanical Engineering
Lewisburg, PA 17837
Phone: (570) 577-1846
Fax: (570) 577-7281
- B.S., California Institute of Technology, 1999
- M.S.E., University of Michigan, 2002
- Ph.D., University of Michigan, 2005
- Mechanical Design
- Senior Capstone Design
- Intro Dynamics
- Mechanism Design
- Compliant Mechanisms
- Biologically Inspired Mechanical Design
- Appropriate Technology
- Kim, C.J., 2007, "Decomposition Strategies for Single-Input Single-Output and Dual-Input Single-Output Compliant Mechanisms", Proceedings of the 2007 ASME Design Engineering Technical Conferences, DETC2007-35449.
- Kim, C.J., Moon, Y.M., Kota, S., 2007, “Conceptual Synthesis of Compliant Mechanisms Utilizing Compliance and Stiffness Ellipsoids", Accepted for publication in the ASME Journal of Mechanical Design.
- Kim, C.J., Kota, S., Moon, Y.M., 2006, "An Instant Center Approach Towards the Conceptual Synthesis of Compliant Mechanisms", ASME Journal of Mechanical Design, 128(3), pp. 542-550.