- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Cornell University
- M.Eng. in Mechanical Engineering, Cornell University
- M.B.A. in Operations Research, Cornell University
- Ph.D. in Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering, Penn State University
- processing effects on mechanical and material properties
- manufacturing process modeling and optimization
- materials characterization
- Rigid Body & Deformable Body Mechanics
- Engineering Statistics & Mathematics
- Engineering Optimization
Selected Grant Awards
- Instrumentation for Research in Materials Characterization and Nondestructive Evaluation, National Science Foundation, Grant No. 0619232, Co-PI (with M.M.Sharma).
- Integrating Nanotechnology into Undergraduate Engineering Curricula at Bucknell University, National Science Foundation, Grant No. 0741487, Senior Personnel (PIErin Jablonski).
- Practice-Based Manufacturing Education-Adapting a Learning Factory Approach ,National Science Foundation, Grant No. 0410683, PI (with J.P. Iselin).
- Layered Manufacturing Decision Support and Design Feedback, National Science Foundation, Grant No. 9813042, PI.
- Rapid Prototyping Center, Ben Franklin Technology Partners, Challenge Grant No. 6011, PI (with J. Politis).
- Manufacturing Processes Laboratory/Instructional Facility, National Science Foundation, Grant No. 9750788, PI.
- Product Realization Consortium: Systems Approach to Manufacture, National Science Foundation, Grant No. 9413089-3, Co-PI (with D.W. Taylor).
- Product Realization Consortium: Systematic Reform of Manufacturing Education, National Science Foundation, Grant No. 9413089-2, PI.
C.W. Ziemian, M.M. Sharma, B.D. Bouffard (2012), Effect of Surface Preparation and Cold Sprayed Coating on Fatigue Performance of AA2024-T351 Substrates, Proceedings of 2012 VI Aluminium Surface Science & Technology Symposium, Sorrento, Italy, 27-31 May, 2012.
C.W. Ziemian, M.M. Sharma, S.N. Ziemian (2012), Anisotropic Mechanical Properties of ABS Parts Fabricated by Fused Deposition Modelling, In: Mechanical Engineering, Dr. Murat Gokcek (Ed.), ISBN: 978-953-51-0505-3, InTech;
C.W. Ziemian, M.M. Sharma, D.E. Whaley (2012), Effects of Flashing and Upset Sequences on Microstructure, Hardness, and Tensile Properties of Welded Structural Steel Joints, Materials and Design, 33(1): 175-184.
M.M. Sharma, C.W. Ziemian, T.J. Eden (2011), Fatigue Behavior of SiC Particulate Reinforced Spray-Formed 7XXX Series Aluminum Alloys, Materials and Design, 32(8-9): 4304-4309.
C.W. Ziemian, R.D. Ziemian, E.T. Barker (2010), "Shake-Table Simulation Study on Small Scale Layered Models," Rapid Prototyping Journal, 16(1): 4-11.
M.M. Sharma, C.W. Ziemian, T.J. Eden (2010) "Processing and Composition Effects on the Fracture Behavior of Spray Formed 7XXX series Al-alloys," Journal of Materials Engineering and Performance, 19(9): 1344-1351.
C.W. Ziemian, M.M. Sharma, J.T. Powanda (2009), "Study of the Flash Butt Welding of High-Strength Carbon-Manganese Steel," Proceedings of 2009 NSF Engineering Research and Innovation Conference, Honolulu, Hawaii, June 22-25.
M.M. Sharma, C.W. Ziemian (2008), "Pitting and Stress Corrosion Cracking Susceptibility of Nanostructured Al-Mg Alloys in Natural and Artificial Environments," Journal of Materials Engineering and Performance, 17(6): 870-878.
C.W. Ziemian, M.M. Sharma (2008), "Adapting Learning Factory Concepts Towards Integrated Manufacturing Education," International Journal of Engineering Education, 24(1): 199-210.
C.W. Ziemian, M.M. Sharma, D.E. Whaley (2008), "Flash Butt-Welding Process Optimization Through the Design of Experiments," Proceedings of 2008 NSF Engineering Research and Innovation Conference, Knoxville, TN, January 7-10.
C.W. Ziemian, J. Aument, D.E. Whaley (2007), "Manufacturing Technology in Middle School Classrooms: A Collaborative Approach, " Proceedings of International Conference on Engineering Education, Coimbra, Portugal, September 3-7.