Steven B. Shooter
- B.S., Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, 1988
- M.S., Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, 1991
- Ph.D., Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, 1995
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University 1992-1995
- Bucknell University, 1995-Present
- Mechanical Engineering Design
- Senior Design
- Product Design and Development
- Exploring Engineering
- Design Theory and Methodology
- Information Management for Product Design and Development
- Product Platforms
- Industrial Automation
Selected Recent Publications:
- Shooter, S.B., W. Keirouz, S. Szykman, and S. Fenves, "A Model for Information Flow in Design," Proceedings of the ASME Design Engineering Technical Conferences, September, 2000. * Won the Best Paper Award for Design Theory and Methodology.
- Shooter, S.B., W. Keirouz, S. Ssykman, and S. Fenves, "A Model for the Flow of Design Information in Product Development," Journal of Engineering with Computers, 16: 178-194, 2000.
- Szykman, S., S. Fenves, W. Keirouz, and S. Shooter, "A Foundation for Interoperability in Next-Generation Product Development Systems," The Most Influential CIE Papers: 1980-2000, ASME, New York, 2005.
- Shooter, S.B., T.W. Simpson, S.R.T. Kumara, R. Stone, J. Terpenny, "Toward a Multi-Agent Information Management Infrastructure for Product Family Planning and Mass Customization," International Journal of Mass Customization, Vol. 1, No.1, 2005, pp. 134-155.
- Shooter, S.B., C.M. Evans and T.W. Simpson, "Building a Better Icescraper -- A Case in Product Platforms for the Entrepreneur," accepted for publication in the Journal of Intelligent Manufacturing, Special Issue on Product Family Design and Development.
- Alizon, F., S. Shooter and T. Simpson, "Reuse of Manufacturing Knowledge to Facilitate Platform-based Product Realization," Journal of Computing and Information Science in Engineering, Vol. 6, No. 2, June 2006 pp. 170-178.
- Hoffman, T.J., S.B. Shooter, S. Szykman and S.J. Fenves, "An Investigation of Catalogued Product Development Information at a Major Consumer Products Company", Proceedings of the ASME Design Engineering Technical Conferences, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, September 9-12, 2001, Paper #DETC2001/DTM-21690.
- Nanda, J., T. Simpson, S. Kumara and S. Shooter, "A Methodology for Product Family Ontology Development Using Formal Concept Analysis and Web Ontology Language," Journal of Computing and Information Science in Engineering, Vol. 6, No. 2, June 2006, pp. 103-113.
- Alizon F, Shooter SB, and Simpson TW, "Improving an Existing Product Family based on Commonality/Diversity, Modularity, and Cost" Design Studies, Vol. 28, No. 4, July, 2007, pp. 387-409.
- Nanda, J., H. Thevenot, T. Simpson, R. Stone, M. Bohm and S. Shooter, "Product Family Design Knowledge Representation, Aggregation, Reuse and Analysis," Journal of Artificial Intelligence in Design and Manufacturing, Vol. 21:2, 2007, pp. 173-192.
- Alizon, F., K. Khadke, H. Thevenot, J. Gershenson, T. Marion, S. Shooter, and T. Simpson, "Frameworks for Product Family Design and Development," Journal of Concurrent Engineering: Research & Applications -- Special Issue on Managing Modularity and Commonality in Product and Process Development, Vol. 15, No. 2, July 2007, pp. 187-199.
A complete publication list can be found at my personally maintained page link above.