During the University’s academic year, tuition is charged at the rate of $5,295 per course (2014-15 academic year). One course credit equals four credit hours. The maximum number of course credits for which a graduate student may register in a semester is four. During the summer session students may enroll for a total of two full course credits or the equivalent.

Financial assistance is available to well-qualified graduate degree candidates who assist departmental faculty, or who qualify for tuition scholarships granted by the University. The deadline for financial aid applications is February 1. Financial aid is awarded on a yearly basis and is normally limited to two years. Preference is given to full-time students.

There are three types of merit-based financial aid available through the University. To apply for this financial aid, the Graduate Studies Financial Aid form must be returned with your application.

  • Graduate Assistantship - includes a stipend and tuition remission and is available in the animal behavior, biology, chemistry, English, mathematics and psychology departments. The College of Engineering has assistantships available in chemical, civil, electrical, environmental, and mechanical engineering.
  • Graduate Internship - includes a stipend and tuition remission and is available through a small number of individual offices to students enrolled in the College Student Personnel program
  • Tuition Scholarship - includes tuition remission only and is offered by the education department.

Continuation of financial aid in the form of tuition scholarships is contingent upon the maintenance of an acceptable GPA (3.0). Continuation of financial aid in the form of a graduate assistantship into the second year of enrollment is contingent upon satisfactory performance of duties expected of a graduate assistant, including the maintenance of an acceptable GPA (3.0), progress on the thesis project, and satisfactory performance as a teaching assistant.

Educator's Tuition Discount

This discount may be available to graduate students in the education program. Applicants must be teachers or other professionals (counselors, psychologists, supervisors, administrators, etc.) employed in public, private not for-profit, or parochial elementary or secondary schools or programs and must be enrolled at Bucknell University in an approved program of courses leading to a master’s degree or state certification in an area of specialization. Other educational objectives may be considered but at the discretion of the university. Forms are available at the Office of Graduate Studies and the Finance Office.

Loans and Federal Funding

Information concerning loans and other federal support can be obtained from the Financial Aid Office.

Research Assistantships

Research assistantships are awarded by departments that hold research contracts. Information on such awards is available from departmental chairs.


Graduate students are responsible for arranging their own housing.


Places I've Been

The following links are virtual breadcrumbs marking the 27 most recent pages you have visited in Bucknell.edu. If you want to remember a specific page forever click the pin in the top right corner and we will be sure not to replace it. Close this message.