A PC or a Mac?
We get asked a lot about Macs from students who want to know what laptop to buy for school. We do support Macs, but there are some major differences in the support that we can provide, and it is important for students to know these differences before they make their decision.
Learn About the Choices
Get detailed information on what is included in the Bison Laptop program by clicking on the links below.
Compare PCs and Macs
- Troubleshooting and assistance is available for both hardware and software on both platforms.
- Tech Desk staff are familiar with both PCs and Macs.
- Assistance with configuring email, accessing the network, etc., is the same.
- No special pricing for Macs; only the standard educational discount is available.
- No Bucknell software or image on the Macs; but it is preinstalled and configured on the PCs.
- No spare parts on-site for Macs; complete stock of parts for PCs for quick repairs.
- Some Mac warranty work will be sent to Apple; all warranty work for PCs is done on-site.
- Warranty!! -- Warranty coverage is the most important difference
For Macs (as well as for iPhones and other cell phones), we recommend that you explore other warranty options, such as Square Trade.