Annual Fall Open House Slated for November 7th
Studio art spaces will be highlighted again this fall as the Art & Art History Department opens both the Art Building and the Art Barn for an evening of interaction with the artists and students. More details will be forthcoming!
Art & Art History Fast Facts
The Department's new Fast Facts page is a printer-ready summary of all the relevant information for potential students and their families. Just look for the Fast Facts section in the navigation bar above, click, and you are ready to print this powerful summary of the department's strengths and opportunities.
- Joe Meiser's work is currently on exhibition at the Torrance Art Museum in Los Angeles. "Stories of Creation, Destruction, and Deliberation" will run from August 31 through October 12, 2013.
- Rosalyn Richards' work is included in "Marked and Manifest" at Exhibit A in Corning, NY. The exhibition runs through September 29, 2013.
- Roger Rothman had his book Tiny Surrealism: Salvador Dali and the Aesthetics of the Small published in December, 2013, by the University of Nebraska Press.
- The College of Arts and Sciences at Northern Kentucky University selected Joe Meiser for the 2012 Outstanding Alumnus Award. Joe was also named a Tanne Foundation award recipient for 2011 for his work in sculpture.
- Tulu Bayar's work is currently on exhibit at the Amos Eno Gallery, Brooklyn, NY, as part of the "Seeing is Believing" exhibition of the gallery's featured artists.
New Resource Highlights Campus Opportunities in the Arts
The Muse, 'A Weekly Arts Array,' has recently been launched to provide weekly updates on events relating to all Arts genres, both on campus and in the surrounding area. Check it out at The Muse.