Major and Minor Requirements
**Students must apply for admission to the major (see admission to the major page)
Requirements for the Economics major are as follows:
Required Core Courses:
- Economics 103 (Economic principles)
- Economics 256 (Intermediate Microeconomics)
- Economics 257 (Intermediate Macroeconomics)
- Economics 258 (Intermediate Political Economy)
Additional Required Courses:
At least four economics courses outside the core, and at least two at the 300 or 400 level. No more than two of these courses can be transferred from study abroad programs or from other universities.
Co-Requisite Mathematics Courses
- Mathematics 192 or 201 (Calculus)
- Mathemetics 216 (Statistics)
Requirements for the Minor:
The requirements for the minor in Economics are Economics 103 plus four Economics electives at the 200-level or above.