(on leave 2014-15)
- Ph.D., Cornell University, 2010
- MA., Cornell University, 2007
- BA., Whittier College, 2001
- Professor Schmidli specializes in United States in the World and Modern Latin America.
- U.S. in the World; Cold War history; Modern Latin America; 20th century Argentina; transnational history; human rights
Professor Schmidli will be a 2014-15 member of the Institute for Advanced Study (learn more)
W. M. Schmidli, The Fate of Freedom Elsewhere: Human Rights in U.S. Cold War Policy toward Argentina (Cornell University Press, 2013).