- B.S.E., Chemical Engineering, University of Pennsylvania
- B.S.E., Materials Science and Engineering, University of Pennsylvania
- M.A., Chemical Engineering, Princeton University
- Ph.D., Chemical and Materials Engineering, Princeton University
- Post-Doctoral, Chemical Engineering, Northwestern University
- Materials science and engineering
- Materials and energy balance
- Introduction to chemical engineering
- Process and product design
- Polymer processing and characterization
- Nanoscale blends and composites
- Sustainable engineering
A. M. Whittington, S. M. Brouse, M. A. Malusis, and K. Wakabayashi, "Efficient Fabrication of Polymer Nanocomposites with Effective Exfoliation and Dispersion by Solid-State/ Melt Extrusion", Advances in Polymer Technology 32, 21334 (2013).
P. J. Brunner, J. T. Clark, J. M. Torkelson, and K. Wakabayashi, "Processing-Structure-Property Relationships in Solid-State Shear Pulverization: Parametric Study of Specific Energy", Polymer Engineering and Science 52, 1555 (2012).
K. Wakabayashi, "Simple Visual Demonstration of Phase Diagram Concepts for an Introductory Materials Science Course Using Colored Solvents", Journal of Materials Education 33, 263 (2011).
P. J. Hubert, K. Kathiresan and K. Wakabayashi, "Filler Exfoliation and Dispersion in Polypropylene/As-Received Graphite Nanocomposites via Cryogenic Milling", Polymer Engineering and Science 51, 2273 (2011).
K. Wakabayashi and R. A. Register, "Phase Behavior of Magnesium Stearate Blended with Polyethylene Ionomers", Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research 49, 11906 (2010).
K. Wakabayashi, C. Pierre, D. A. Dikin, R. S. Ruoff, T. Ramanathan, L. C. Brinson, and J. M. Torkelson, "Polymer-Graphite Nanocomposites: Effective Dispersion and Major Property Enhancement via Solid-State Pulverization", Macromolecules 41, 1905 (2008).