To request advertising space in Bucknell Magazine, please contact Sherri Kimmel, Editor, at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- United States Post Office regulations require that all advertisers in Bucknell Magazine be affiliated in some way with the University. All advertisers must be organized divisions, groups or clubs that are recognized by Bucknell University.
- Due to postal regulations, all advertisements must contain non-commercial material, and no third-parties can benefit monetarily from advertisements in the magazine (e.g., the magazine would not be able to accept an ad that would benefit DirecTV, even if Bucknell also were benefiting).
- Due to postal regulations, Bucknell Magazine is unable to accept ads for Bucknell-related products sold by outside organizations or for items manufactured or marketed by individual alumni.
- Due to postal regulations, Bucknell Magazine is unable to mention specific products or services of a business by name in advertisements. This restriction extends to travel agencies that are cosponsoring alumni trips.
- All advertisements are accepted at the discretion of the editor of Bucknell Magazine.
- All advertising requests must be in writing. Bucknell Magazine does not accept oral requests. Advertisers who know their plans for the fiscal year (July 1 - June 30) may place a written request to advertise that covers a full fiscal year (four issues of the magazine).
- The magazine will give a total of four advertising pages to University departments, and the Office of Development and Alumni Relations has a priority on that space. Any requests for ad space exceeding four pages will be filled only if there is room in the issue.
- The magazine will allow reservations of ad space up to one month in advance of the ad copy being due, but no less.
- Advertisers have two options for producing ads: 1) Work with the Division of Communications to develop the ad, or 2) Engage an outside agency to produce the ad for publication. If option (1) is chosen and original photography is required, please coordinate with Communications. If option (2) is chosen, the final ad must be completed and approved by the editor on the date that final copy and photos are due. In both options, the advertiser is responsible for any outside photography fees.