The Division of Communications helps develop and promote major campus events, particularly those that are open to the public.
Here are some recommendations for how you can promote your event:
- Contact Events Management to reserve your location, space and table needs, refreshments and technology.
- Hang posters and flyers around campus (contact Publications, Print & Mail a month before you need these printed items).
- Distribute postcards to your target audience two or three days before the event (contact Publications, Print & Mail a month in advance)
- Post an announcement to the Message Center, with a follow-up reminder a day before the event.
- Contact Heather Johns to find out whether it would be appropriate to promote your event via Bucknell University's @BucknellEvents official Twitter feed. Heather can also provide tips on promoting your event via your department's social media channels.
- Send personal email invitations to members of groups that have a specific interest in your event or can help get out the word.
- Plan an offbeat or unique way to draw attention to your event (past examples include flash mobs, dramatic performances and contests.)
- Contact Ryan LeBreton to explore promoting your event on the Bucknell website.
- Contact Ryan LeBreton to find out if your event could be promoted on one of the digital signs on campus.