- B.A.E. in Architectural Engineering, Penn State University (2000)
- M.A.E. in Architectural Engineering, Penn State University (2000)
- PH.D. in Architectural Engineering, Penn State University (2007)
- structural dynamics
- vibration serviceability
- crowd-induced excitation/loading
- human-structure interaction
- Engineering Mechanics
- Mechanics of Materials
- Design of Concrete Structures
- Introduction to Structural Interaction
Professional Registration and Affliliation
- Licensed engineer in Pennsylvania #73840
- Member of American Institute of Steel Construction (AISC)
- Member of American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE)
- Member of Architectural Engineering Institute (AEI)
- Member of Structural Engineering Institute (SEI)
- Member of Society for Experimental Mechanics(SEM)
- Structural Engineer, Foreman Architects Engineers, Inc., Zelienople, PA (2000-2003)
- 2010 Outstanding Paper Award, ASCE Journal of Constructed Facilities for paper titled "Evaluation of Vibration Assessment Criteria and Their Applicability to Stadium Serviceability"
- Committee for Structural Identification, ASCE (2011-present)
- Secretary, Civil Structure Testing - Technical Division, Society of Experimental Mechanics (SEM) (Three year term: 2011-2014)
- Technical Council on Forensic Engineering Education (TCFE Education), ASCE (2008-present)
- Assistant Mentor, ExCEEd Workshop for Educators, ASCE (2010-present)
Noss, N. and Salyards, K. Development of a Laboratory Test Program to Examine Human-Structure Interaction. Accepted for publication in the Proceedings of the 30th International Modal Analysis Conference. Jacksonville, FL. January 30 - February 2, 2012.
Salyards, K. Estimation of In-service Dynamic Crowd Loading for Vibration Serviceability Assessment Using Experimental Measurements. Accepted for publication in the Proceedings of the 2012 ASCE Structures Congress. Chicago, IL. March 29-31, 2012.
Atamturktur, S., Gilligan, C., and Salyards, K. Detection of Internal Defects in Concrete Members Using Global Vibration Characteristics, Submitted to ACI Structural and Materials Journal (2011)
Salyards, K. Finite Element Model Tuning of a Joist-Supported Floor Structure Utilizing Modal Testing Results, Submitted to ASCE Journal of Structural Engineering (2011)
Salyards, K. and Hanagan, L.M. Initial FE Modeling Assumptions for Modal Analysis and Natural Frequency Estimation of a Grandstand, Submitted to the AISC Engineering Journal (2011).
Salyards, K., Firman, R.J. (2011). Human-structure Interaction: Effects of Crowd Characteristics, Proceedings of the 29th International Modal Analysis Conference, Jacksonville, FL, January 31 - February 3, 2011.
Salyards, K. (2011) Lessons Learned through the Development of an Undergraduate Course on Civil Engineering Failures, Proceedings of ASCE Structures Congress, Las Vegas, NV, April 14-16, 2011.
Salyards, K. and Hanagan, L.M. (2010), Evaluation of Vibration Assessment Criteria and Their Applicability to Stadium Serviceability, Journal of Performance of Constructed Facilities, v 24, n 2, 100-107. **Awarded Outstanding Paper Award, ASCE Journal of Performance of Constructed Facilities
Salyards, K., Firman, R.J. (2010). Experimental Investigation of Dynamic Load Estimation Using Small-Scale Testing, Proceedings of the 28th International Modal Analysis Conference. Jacksonville, FL, February 1-4, 2010.
Salyards, K., Firman, R.J. (2009). Review of Generic and Manufacturer Design Criteria for Vibration Sensitive Equipment. Proceedings of the 27th International Modal Analysis Conference, Orlando, FL, February 9-12, 2009.
Salyards, K. (2008) Utilization of Simple Dynamic Models to Explore Load Estimation Method Based on In-Service Structural Responses. Proceedings of the 26th International Modal Analysis Conference. Orlando, FL, February 4-7, 2008.
Salyards, K., Hanagan, L.M. (2007) Analysis of Coordinated Crowd Vibration Levels in a Stadium Structure. Proceedings of the 25th International Modal Analysis Conference. Orlando, FL, February 19-22, 2007.
Salyards, K., Hanagan, L.M. and Kim, C. (2006) A Unique Vibration Serviceability Case Study of a Complex Structure. Proceedings of Architectural Engineering National Conference. Omaha, NE, March 29-April 1, 2006.
Salyards, K., Hanagan, L.M. and Trethewey, M.W. (2006) Comparing Vibration Serviceability Assessment Measures for Stadium Rock Concert Data. Proceedings of the 24th International Modal Analysis Conference. St. Louis, MO, January 20 - February 2, 2006.
Salyards, K. and Hanagan, L.M. (2005) Evaluation of a Finite Element Model for Dynamic Characteristic Prediction of a Stadium Facility. Proceedings of the 23rd International Modal Analysis Conference. Orlando, FL, January 31-February 3, 2005.