In order to apply to study off-campus for a semester, students must meet the following requirements:
- Have completed the full semester on campus prior to your semester abroad.
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.8 (fall) or 3.0 (spring).
- Be a junior or first semester senior while off-campus.
- Have a history of good conduct with the University. All conduct and alcohol violations will be evaluated by the Office of Global & Off-campus Education.
- Students who do not meet the GPA requirements for off-campus study may consider studying off-campus during the summer and may do so at any point during their time at Bucknell University.
Process to Study Off-Campus
Sophomores interested in studying off-campus must review the Intent to Study Off-Campus Policy and complete the Intent to Study Off-Campus form by October 4.
Semester and Full Year Programs
Bucknell "In" Programs
We offer a number of off-campus study programs created, organized and led by Bucknell University to complement students' Bucknell experience. These programs offer Bucknell University courses in a variety of disciplines and locations around the world, merging the abroad experience with the Bucknell curriculum.
Direct student exchanges between Bucknell University and foreign partner universities.
Bucknell Approved Programs
A combined list of "Bucknell In" programs as well as approved programs operated by non-Bucknell institutions.
Summer Off-Campus Study
Bucknell "In" Summer Programs
The Bucknell "In" Summer Programs are short term programs constructed around a course or academic theme. These programs provide students with the opportunity to focus on key issues unique to the country or region where they are studying.
Provider Summer Programs
Programs established and run independently through various third-party provider networks in various academic disciplines around the world.