(on leave spring 2016)
Mitch Chernin is also a member of the Cell Biology and Biochemistry Program
- Ph.D., Clemson University
- Over the past several years I have taught the following courses: BIOL202, Introduction to Molecules and Cells; BIOL327, Molecular Biology; BIOL340, Biochemical Methods; BIOL347, Virology; and, BIOL345, Tropical Marine Biology in the US and British Virgin Is.
- Molecular Biology. Regulation of gene expression. Regulation of the cardiac renin-angiotensin system. Regulation of bone remodeling and growth.
- Intertaction between osteocalcin and oxytocin in osteosarcoma cell growth.
- Oncogene, growth factor and extracellular matrix gene expression in cardiac specific angiotensin II transfected mice.
- Characterization of MC3T3-E1 osteoblastic cells transfected with TGF-B gene.
- Transformation of MC3T3-E1 cells by plasmids containing SV40 regulatory sequences.
Kinsey, C. G., P. Cassoni, G. Bussolati, T. Kimura, M.C. Pizzorno, M.I. Chernin, and J. F. Novak. Submitted. Constitutive and ligand-induced nuclear localization of oxytocin receptor. J. Cell Science.
Baker, K.M., M. I. Chernin, T. Schreiber, S. Sanghi, S. Haiderzaidi, G. W. Booz, D. E. Dostal and R. Kumar. 2004. Evidence of a novel intracrine mechanism in angiotensin II-induced cardiac hypertrophy. Regulatory Peptides 120:5-13.
Takahashi, M., M. Chernin, O. Yamamoto, J. Tonzetich, C. G. Kinsey and J. F. Novak. 2002. Transformation of MC3T3-E1 cells following stress and transfection with SV40 regulatory sequences. Anticancer Research 22:585-598.
Novak, J.F., M.B. Judkins, M.I. Chernin, P. Cassoni, G. Bussolati, J.A. Nitche and S.K. Nishimoto. 2000. A plasmin-derived hexapeptide from the carboxyl end of osteocalcin counteracts oxytocin-mediated growth inhibition of osteosarcoma cells. Cancer Research 60:3470-3476.
Novak, J.F., M.B. Judkins, M.I. Chernin, P. Cassoni, G. Bussolati, and S.K. Nishimoto. 1998. Interactions between plasmin, osteocalcin and oxytocin in regulation of osteosarcoma cell growth in Bruland, O.S. (ed.) The Evolution of Osteosarcoma Therapy Symposium Proceedings. Oslo, Norway. 103-109.
Page, K.C., D.A. Heitzman, and M.I. Chernin. 1996. Stimulation of c-jun and c-myb in rat sertoli cells following exposure to retinoids. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Comm. 222:595-600.
Page, K.C., J.M. Makris, and M. I. Chernin. 1995. Effects of retinoids on the expression of the protooncogene c-myb in rat sertoli cells in Bardin, C.W. (ed.) Recent Progress in Hormone Research. Academic Press, Inc. New York. 465-470.
Daniel D.L., Jr., J. Tonzetich, M.I. Chernin, J.H. McMaster and J.F. Novak. 1994 Acquisition of resistance to 6-azauridine through DNA amplification in neoplastic but not normal osteoblasts. Anticancer Res. 14:937-942.