- Ph.D. The University of Texas at Austin, 1980
- M.S. Southern Illinois University, 1977
- A.B. Franklin & Marshall College, 1975
- GEOL 106 Environmental Geology
- FOUN xxx Susquehanna Natural History
- FOUN xxx Control of Nature
- GEOL 210 Geomorphology
- GEOL 207 Environmental GeoHazards
- GEOL 310 Applied Environmental Geomorphology
- GEOL 298 - UNIV 298 Stream Restoration
- GEOL 299 - UNIV 299 Watershed Systems Science
- Semester on the Susquehanna
- CAPS xxx Cosmology & Ecology
- ALASKA - SUMMER Field Course
- CAPS xxx Planetary Landscapes
- Appalachian debris fans
- coarse colluvium on Appalachian hillslopes
- Virgina Barrier Islands
- Anza-Borrego Desert, Southern CA
- Northern California floods
- Montandon alluvial aquifer
- jokuhlaups - ice-dam breakout floods in Central PA
- geomorphology of Mars
- floods and paleofloods in Texas
- paleofloods in the lower gorge of the Susquehanna River, PA
- impact of land use on channel morhology and water quality in Buffalo Creek, PA
- evaluation of stream restoration projects in North Carolina and Virginia
Kochel, R. C., and Trop, J.M., 2008, "Earth analog for high-latitude landforms and recent flows on Mars: Icy debris fans in the Wrangell volcanic field, Alaska". Icarus, v. 196, p. 63-77.
- Bucknell news about this project: "Research by geologists in Alaska leads to Mars"
- Astrobiology Magazine feature: "Spot the Difference: Alaska and Mars"
Ritter,D.F., Kochel, R.C., and Miller, J.R., 2006, Process Geomorphology 4th edition: Long Grove, IL, Waveland Press, 546p.
Kochel, R.C., and Miller, J.R., 1997, editors, Geomorphic Effects of Minor Climate Changes: Geomorphology (special issue), v. 19, p. 171-368.