June 2011 News
- Art exhibition uses app to augment reality
The Samek Art Gallery has launched an "augmented reality" exhibition that allows visitors to "see" artwork transposed on locations around campus with their mobile web devices.
- CASE honors Communications' work
Bucknell University's Office of Communications has been honored with a medal in the most prestigious national competition for higher education communicators.
- Bucknell joins collaborative to address high-risk drinking
Bucknell University has joined Dartmouth College and 29 other colleges and universities across the country in an effort to address high-risk drinking on American campuses.
- Bucknell's economic impact tops quarter-billion dollars
Bucknell contributed more than a quarter-billion dollars to the economy of the Central Susquehanna Valley region and the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania this past year, according to an Economic Impact Report released today.
- Visiting Fulbright Scholar will teach, conduct research at Bucknell
A professor and top researcher from The Hebrew University of Jerusalem will join Bucknell as a Fulbright Scholar in Sephardic studies.
- Baseball Hall of Fame anniversary celebration
The Union County Veterans 4th of July Committee and Bucknell University are joining to celebrate the 75th anniversary of the first inductees into the National Baseball Hall of Fame. Inaugural members of the Hall of Fame were Ty Cobb, Walter Johnson, Babe Ruth, Honus Wagner and Christy Mathewson, a member of Bucknell's Class of 1902.
- Alumni celebrate Reunion Weekend
This past weekend, more than 2,000 Bucknell University alumni and families from around the world returned to campus to connect with each other, and with retired and current professors and students.
- Staff honored with Geiger and Zeller Awards
Four members of the Bucknell University staff were honored at the annual staff picnic recently with the Geiger and Zeller Awards.
- SBDC Businesswomen's Roundtable June 29
The Small Business Development Center at Bucknell University will offer a Businesswomen's Roundtable: "Marketing for Women," 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. on June 29 at Country Cupboard Restaurant.
- New bloggers to chronicle journeys abroad this fall
Seven new study abroad bloggers will take flight this fall, sharing their off-campus learning adventures in words and pictures.
- Ask the Experts: Michael Johnson-Cramer on 'managing deliberately'
Michael Johnson-Cramer, associate professor of management and co-director of the School of Management, talks about business ethics and the liberal arts approach to teaching management.
- SBDC workshop June 23: 'Excellent Customer Service'
The Small Business Development Center (SBDC) at Bucknell University will offer the workshop: "Three Keys to Excellent Customer Service," 9 a.m. to noon on June 23 at the SBDC Business Education Center,
- Reunion to welcome thousands June 2-5
Bucknell University will host Reunion Weekend June 2-5, with close to 2,000 alumni and their families planning to return to the campus.