After completing his Ph.D. in 2009, Mihai joined Bucknell University as an assistant professor of operations and decision sciences. He enjoys teaching quantitative courses with applications in management, while his scholarly interests lie primarily at the intersection of operations management and marketing.
- Ph.D., University of Pittsburgh
- M.B.A., James Madison
- B.S., Romanian-American University
- Spreadsheet modeling
- Operations and supply chain management
- Marketing analytics
- Revenue management and pricing
- Discrete optimization
- Applications of operations research models in healthcare
- Excellence in teaching award, Katz Graduate School of Business, University of Pittsburgh, 2006
Courses Taught at Bucknell
- Operations and Decision Sciences
- MGMT 242 Managerial Statistics
- MGMT 340 Decision Science
- MGMT 341 Operations Management
Banciu, M. and P. Mirchandani, "New Results Concerning Probability Distributions with Increasing Generalized Failure Rates," Operations Research, 61(4):925--931, 2013.
Balakrishnan, A., M. Banciu, K. Glowacka, and P. Mirchandani, "Hierarchical Approach for Survivable Network Design," European Journal of Operational Research, 225(2):223--235, 2013.
Banciu, M., E. Gal-Or, and P. Mirchandani, "Bundling Strategies When Products Are Vertically Differentiated and Capacities Are Limited," Management Science, 56(12):2207--2223, 2010.
Tadikamalla, P., M. Banciu, and D. Popescu, "An Improved Range Chart for Long-Tailed Symmetrical Distributions," Naval Research Logistics, 55(1):91--99, 2008.
Banciu, M., "The Dual Simplex Algorithm," in James J. Cochran (Ed.), The Wiley Encyclopedia of Operations Research and Management Science, Wiley Press, 2011.