The Cadigan Prizes for Younger Writers recognize outstanding poetry and prose by Bucknell undergraduates. Current, full-time Bucknell undergraduates are eligible. First and second place cash prizes, as well as honorable mentions at the judges' discretion, are awarded in each of two categories: prose (fiction or creative nonfiction) and poetry.
- First Place Poetry: $350
- First Place Prose: $350
- Second Place Poetry: $150
- Second Place Prose: $150
Winners will be invited to read their works at the Annual Student Reading on Tuesday, April 24, 2018 in Bucknell Hall.
Contest Deadline: Thursday, Dec. 7, 2017 (by midnight)
Winners will be announced on the Stadler Center’s Facebook page in mid-January. Please “like” us on Facebook to hear the results.
- Submissions must be formatted as PDF documents. (In Microsoft Word, choose "Save As" and PDF). No exceptions.
- Please include a cover page with your name, the genre of the submission(prose must be labeled fiction or nonfiction), and title(s) of works submitted.
- Only current, full-time Bucknell undergraduates are eligible to submit work.
- You may submit in one or both categories (poetry and prose).
- You are limited to one submission per category.
- Poetry submissions should consist of 5 to 10 pages of poetry, no more than one poem per page. Poems should appear in the order in which you wish them to be read.
- Prose submission should consist of one 5 to 25 page short story or creative essay.
- Poetry may be single-spaced; prose must be double spaced.
Any entry that does not meet all of the above requirements will be disqualified.