About the Music Department
The Department of Music offers an exceptional music education in the context of a liberal arts community. By providing a range of program offerings, the Department facilitates student engagement in the areas of theoretical, educational, historical, cultural, and performance studies. The Department seeks to promote creativity, scholarship, and musical independence for the diverse population at Bucknell University, including music majors, minors, and the entire student body.
The Department is accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music.
- Music students gain exposure to a wide variety of musical experiences and performances ranging from the traditional to the avant-garde.
- Students interact closely with faculty members in the studio, the rehearsal hall, and on stage.
- Students receive individual attention to their needs and artistic development in small classes as well as in the performance studio.
- Participation in all music ensembles is open to all qualified students, regardless of major.
- Music graduates are well prepared for graduate study, the teaching profession, and employment as arts professionals.
- Bucknell offers specialized degree programs to meet individual needs and goals.
The University offers merit awards to support emerging musicians on campus, a program coordinated by the Office of Admissions. For more information, please visit www.bucknell.edu/admissions/arts