About the Music Department
Bucknell offers a professional music program within an outstanding liberal-arts environment. Students explore musical performance, music theory, and music history with an internationally-recognized faculty whose members are committed to personalized teaching.
The Department is accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music.
- Music students gain exposure to a wide variety of musical experiences and performances ranging from the traditional to the avant-garde.
- Students interact closely with faculty members in the studio, the rehearsal hall, and on stage.
- Students receive individual attention to their needs and artistic development in small classes as well as in the performance studio.
- Participation in all music ensembles is open to all qualified students, regardless of major.
- Music graduates are well prepared for graduate study, the teaching profession, and employment as arts professionals.
- Bucknell offers specialized degree programs to meet individual needs and goals.
The University offers merit awards to support emerging musicians on campus, a program coordinated by the Office of Admissions. For more information, please visit www.bucknell.edu/admissions/arts