About Philosophy at Bucknell
- Philosophy students learn how to think with a methodical care and rigor that is useful in practice as well as a prerequisite for abstract and theoretical analysis.
- Students develop a disciplined approach to creative thought as they learn philosophical methods and ideas.
- Members of the philosophy faculty encourage the development of individual thought through close interactions with students in coursework, thesis development, and independent study work.
- Teaching and research assistantships offer students opportunities for advanced-level work in philosophy.
- Philosophy majors are well prepared to undertake graduate study in philosophy.