About the Psychology Department
- Students take a broad assortment of classes in psychology that expose them to many levels of analysis, ranging from biological causes for to cultural influences on behavior.
- Psychology majors learn critical thinking, scientific reasoning, writing, and quantitative analysis.
- Bucknell students can collaborate with faculty on research within many areas of psychology.
- The study of psychology prepares students to enter graduate programs in psychology, medicine, law, and business.
- The psychology department trains students to understand and conduct studies of the mind and behavior, utilizing several perspectives and a variety of species.
- National surveys show that the psychology department at Bucknell is highly ranked among similar institutions in the number of majors going on to receive doctoral degrees.