In order to apply to study off-campus for a semester, students must meet the following requirements:
- Review the Intent to Study Abroad Policy (pdf).
- Complete the Intent to Study Abroad Registration Form online.
- Have completed the full semester on campus prior to your semester abroad.
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.8 (fall) or 3.0 (spring).
- Be a junior or first semester senior while off-campus.
- Have a history of good conduct with the University. All conduct and alcohol violations will be evaluated by the Office of International Education.
- Students who do not meet the GPA requirements for off-campus study may consider studying off-campus during the summer and may do so at any point during their time at Bucknell University.
How Do I Decide Where to Go?
The Office of International Education offers programs in over 50 countries through our third party providers as well as various "Bucknell in" programs which allow students to study overseas with Bucknell University faculty.
Students interested in studying off-campus should Search Our Program List to see which program fits their various academic needs.
NOTE: Students are not permitted to study abroad in any country with a current department of state warning.