Range of Penalties
Board of Review
The panel of the Board of Review on Academic Responsibility may select from the following list or determine the penalty that it believes appropriate to the particular case under consideration, considering the penalties assigned in previous similar cases. It is generally assumed, however, that repeated offenses will incur increasingly severe penalties. As a judicial body the Board is not limited to this list.
- The grade of "F" or zero on the assignment.
- A grade of one or more levels below the actual grade earned in the course.
- A grade of "F" for the course.
- Disciplinary dismissal from the University for at least one semester at the end of the semester in which the offense has occurred. (If the student is a graduating senior, conferral of the degree will be delayed until the end of the following semester.)
- Immediate disciplinary dismissal from the University for the remainder of the current semester and following semester. (If the student is a senior, conferral of the degree will be delayed until the end of the semester following the period of the suspension.)
- Permanent dismissal from the University.
It should be noted that penalty grades, or the result of penalties, determined by the panel of the Board of Review will be reflected on the student’s academic record and may not be changed by requests to drop the course or to withdraw from the University.