Chemical Engineering Department
Margot A. S. Vigeant
- B.S. Cornell University
- M.S. University of Virginia
- Ph.D. University of Virginia
- Bucknell University, 1999 - present
- First-year Engineering
- Chemical Engineering Thermodynamics
- Bioprocess Engineering
- Chemical Engineering Pedagogy
- Modeling of Small Molecule Transport in Microdialysis
- Bacterial Adhesion and Total Internal Reflection Microscopy
- 2009 Ray W. Fahien Award for Teaching Excellence and Contribution to Chemical Engineering Education, American Society for Engineering Education
- 1999 Faculty Award for Excellence in Doctoral Studies, University of Virginia
- Vigeant, M. and R. Ford.; "Interactions Between Motile Escherichia Coli and Glass in Media with Various Ionic Strengths, as Observed with a Three-Dimentional-Tracking Microscope." Appl. Environ. Microbiol. (1997) 63, 3474-3479.
- Prince, M., Vigeant, M., Nottis, K. Assessing Misconceptions of Undergraduate Engineering Students in the Thermal Sciences Accepted, May 2009, to International Journal of Engineering Education.
- Prince, M. and Vigeant, M. A Preliminary Study on the Effectiveness of Inquiry-Based Activities for Addressing Misconceptions of Undergraduate Engineering Students. Accepted, publication pending June 2009, Education for Chemical Engineers.
- Schloss, J. and Vigeant, M. Modeling Microdialysis in the Rat Brain. Presented to McNay group, SUNY Albany Department of Psychology, Albany, NY. July, 2009.
- Vigeant, M., Maneval, J., Snyder, W., Hanyak, M., Prince, M.: Hands-On Chemical Engineering Senior Design: the Evolution from Paper to Practice. ASEE Conference Proceedings (2008), Pittsburgh, PA.
- Armitage, J., T. Pitta, M. Vigeant, H. Packer, and R. Ford; "Transformations in Flagellar Structure in Rhotobacter Sphaeroides and Their Possible Relationahip to Changes in Swiming Speed." J. Bacteriol (1999) 181, 4825-4833.