Civil & Environmental Engineering
Richard D. Crago
- B.A., Grinnell College, 1986
- B.S., Washington University, 1987
- M.S., Cornell University, 1989
- Ph.D., Cornell University, 1993
- University of Illinois at Chicago, 1994 - 1999
- Bucknell University, 1999 - Present
- Hydraulics and Hydrology
- Fluid Mechanics
- Water Resources Engineering
- land surface-atmosphere interactions such as evapotranspiration, the land surface energy and water balances, and atmospheric boundary layer dynamics
- applications of remote sensing in hydrology
- surface water hydrology
- non-point source pollution and links to stream ecology
- unsteady open channel flow
- Crago, R..D., Qualls, R.J., and Feller, M., A calibrated advection-aridity evaporation model requiring no humidity data, Water Resour. Res. 46, W09519, doi:10.1029/2009WR008497, 2010.
- Suleiman, A., Al-Bakri, J., Duqqah, M., and Crago, R.D., Intercomparison of Evapotranspiration Estimates at the Different Ecological Zones in Jordan, J. Hydrometeorology, 9 (5), 903-919, 2008.
- Borak, J. S., Jasinski, M. F., and R Crago, Time series vegetation aerodynamic roughness fields estimated from MODIS observations, accepted in Agricultural and Forest Meteorology, 2006.
- Jasinski, M., Borak, J., and R. Crago, Bulk surface momentum parameters for satellite derived vegetation fields, Agricultural and Forest Meteorology, 133, 55-68, 2005.
- Crago, R. , N. Hervol, and R. Crowley, A complementary evaporation approach to the scalar roughness length, Water Resources Research, (41) W06017, 2005.
- Crago, R. and R. Crowley, Complementary relationships for near-instantaneous evapotranspiration, J. Hydrology, 300, 199-211, 2005.
- Crago, R. and A. Suleiman, Heat flux parameterization for sparse and dense grasslands with the Analytical Land Atmosphere Radiometer Model (ALARM), Boundary-Layer Meteorology, 114, 557-572, 2005.
- Suleiman, A. and R. Crago, Hourly and daytime total evapotranspiration using radiometric surface temperatures, Agronomy Journal, 96, 384-390, 2004.
- Suleiman, A. and R. Crago, Analytical land atmosphere radiometer model (ALARM) applied to a dense canopy, Agricultural and Forest Meteorology, 112 (3-4), 151-159, 2002.
- Suleiman, A. and R. Crago, Analytical land-atmosphere radiometer model, Journal of Applied Meteorology, 41, 177-187, 2002.
- Zibognon, M., R. Crago, and A. Suleiman, Conversion of radiometric to aerodynamic surface temperature with an anisothermal canopy model, Water Resources Research, 38 (6), 3-1 to 3-6, 2002.
- Crago, R., and S. M. Richards, Nonkinematic effects in storm hydrograph routing, ASCE Journal of Hydrologic Engineering, 5(3), 323-326, 2000.