What We Publish
The Bucknell University Press considers for publication scholarship in the humanities and social sciences, especially in literary criticism, Modern Languages, Classics, theory, cultural studies, historiography (including the history of law, of medicine, and of science), philosophy, psychology and psychoanalysis, religion, political science, cultural and political geography, and various interdisciplinary combinations of the above.
In addition, the Press maintains ten series of books in the humanities and social sciences:
- Aperçus: Histories Texts Cultures
- Bucknell Series in Contemporary Irish Writers
- Bucknell Series in Latin American Literature and Theory
- Bucknell Studies in Eighteenth Century Literature and Culture
- New Studies in the "Age of Goethe" (in partnership with the Goethe Society of North America)
- Studies in Eighteenth Century Scotland (in partnership with the Eighteenth Century Scottish Studies Society)
- The Bucknell Series in Contemporary Poetry
- Transits: Literature, Thought, and Culture, 1650-1850
- The Griot Project (in partnership with the Griot Institute for Africana Studies at Bucknell)
- Stories of the Susquehanna (in partnership with the Environmental Center at Bucknell)
Catalogues are available upon request from Bucknell University or from Rowman and Littlefield.