Guidelines for Submission of Manuscripts
- Authors should initially submit a proposal and cv. The proposal usually addresses, in a few pages, the substance and argument of the book, places the study in the context of existing scholarship, and includes a brief bibliography. Authors preparing edited collections should also see our Essay Collections guidelines.
- We usually consider manuscripts that are not under active review at another publisher.
- We can only consider manuscripts from which two pieces or a maximum of 25 percent has previously been published.
- We require one electronic copy of the manuscript (sent to email@example.com), preferably formatted according to the standards of the Chicago Manual of Style (latest edition). Please include a title page with your name, a table of contents, and paginate consecutively. Complete the manuscript information sheet and include it with your manuscript.
- We do not usually consider unrevised Ph.D dissertations.
- Please forward your proposal to: Greg Clingham, Director, Bucknell University Press, Taylor Hall, Bucknell University, Lewisburg, PA 17837, or to firstname.lastname@example.org.