(in reverse chronological order)
- Together with Prof. Barry Lawson, of University of Richmond, Prof. L. Felipe Perrone presented the Simulation 101 Workshop at the 2012 Winter Simulation Conference, in Berlin, Germany, on December 8th, 2012. The six hour-long workshop was a thorough introduction to computer simulation for professionals in industry and academia.
- On June 10th, 2012, Prof. L. Felipe Perrone gave a talk in the IEEE Real World Engineering Program Workshop, at the Annual Conference of the American Society for Engineering Education, in San Antonio, TX. The talk "Public Service Announcement Movies Made with the Alice Programming Language" introduced the audience to Prof. Perrone's ENGR 100 seminar, which received a $10,000 award in 2011. This seminar underwent three stages of peer reviews is available to instructors around the world for classroom adoption.
- Prof. Joshua Steinhurst served as publicity chair of the High Performance Graphics 2010 conference, in Saarbrücken, Germany. He was also in the organizing committee of the 10th International Meeting Light in Color in Nature 2010 at the St. Mary's College of Maryland.
- Prof. Richard Zaccone has written a book on Seaside, a web application development framework for the Smalltalk language. The book is entitled "Dynamic Web Development with Seaside" and was co-written with Michael Davies, Stéphane Ducasse, Lukas Renggli and C. David Shaffer. It is available online at http://book.seaside.st/
- "SAFE: Simulation Automation Framework for Experiments", L. Felipe Perrone, Christopher S. Main, and Bryan C. Ward. In Proceedinds of the 2012 Winter Simulation Conference, December 8-13, Berlin, Germany.
- Special issue of "SIMULATION: Transactions of the Society for Modeling and Simulation International": Software Tools, Techniques, and Architectures for Computer Simulation. L. Felipe Perrone and Giovanni Stea (eds.) The Society for Modeling and Computer Simulation International (SCS. January 2011.
"Graph Works--Pilot Graph Theory Visualization Tool", D. Medani, G. Haggard, C. Bassett, P. Koch, N. Limpert, T. Madlock, S. Pierce, R. Smith, A. Yehl. ACM Symposium on Software Visualization (SOFTVIS'10), October 25-26, 2010, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA.
- "Internet Growth Measurement for Implementation of IP-based Networks", Song Xing and Xiannong Meng. In Proceedings of the First International Conference on Advanced Computing and Communication, pp. 27-32. Orlando, Florida, USA. September 15-17, 2010. Winner of the conference's "Best Paper Award".
- "Computing Tutte Polynomials", Gary Haggard, D.J. Pearce, and G. Royle. ACM Transactions on Mathematical Software. Vol. 37, No. 3. September, 2010.
- "An Experiment Automation Framework for ns-3", Andrew Hallagan, (BCSE '11), Bryan Ward (BCSE '11), and L. Felipe Perrone. In Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Simulation Tools and Techniques (SIMUTools 2010). Torremolinos, Spain. March 15-19, 2010. [extended abstract]
- "Edge-Selection Heuristics for Computing Tutte Polynomials", D.J. Pearce, Gary Haggard, and G. Royle. Chicago Journal of Theoretical Computer Science [to appear]. This is an extended version of "Edge-Selection Heuristics for Computing Tutte Polynomials", D.J. Pearce, Gary Haggard, and G. Royle. In Proceedings of the Australasian Theory Symposium, pp. 153-162, 2009.
- "A Study of Color Histogram Based Image Retrieval", Rishav Chakravarti (BS CS '10) and Xiannong Meng. In Proceedings of the 6th International Conference on Information Technology: New Generations, CD-ROM, Las Vegas, Nevada, U.S.A. April 27-29, 2009.
- "On the Automation of Computer Network Simulators, L. Felipe Perrone, Claudio Cicconetti, Giovanni Stea, and Bryan C. Ward (BCSE '11). In Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Simulation Tools and Techniques (SIMUTools 2009). Rome, Italy. March 2-6, 2009.
- "Reducing Photon-Mapping Bandwidth by Query Reordering", Joshua Steinhurst, Greg Coombe, and Anselmo Lastra. IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics, 14(1) pp. 13-24, Jan/Feb, 2008.
- "Search Engine Performance Comparisons", Xiannong Meng, and Song Xing. In Distributed Artificial Intelligence, Agent Technology, and Collaborative Applications, Vijayan Sugumaran (ed.), pp. 148--164. Information Science Reference, Hershey, PA, 2008, ISBN 978-1-60566-144-5 (hbk), 978-1-60566-145-2 (ebook).
- "Web Search Engine Architectures and their Performance Analysis", Xiannong Meng. In Handbook of Research on Web Information Systems Quality, Coral Calero Munoz, M. Angeles Moraga, and Mario Piattini (eds.), pp. 491--509. Information Science Reference, Hershey, PA, 2008, ISBN 978-1-59904-847-5 (hbk), 978-1-59904-848-2 (ebook).
- "Sampling Approaches on Collecting Internet Statistics in the Digital Economy", Song Xing, Bernd-Peter Paris, and Xiannong Meng. In Handbook of Research on Global Information Technology Management in the Digital Economy, Mahesh S. Raisinghani (ed.), pp. 452--475, Information Science Reference, Hershey, PA, 2008, ISBN 978-1-59904-875-8 (hbk), 978-1-59904-876-5 (ebook).
- "Enhancing the Credibility of Wireless Network Simulations with Experiment Automation", L. Felipe Perrone, Christopher J. Kenna (BS CS '08), and Bryan C. Ward (BCSE '11). IEEE International Workshop on Selected Topics in Mobile and Wireless Computing (STWiMob 2008). Avignon, France. October 12-14, 2008.
- "An Empirical Performance Measurement of Microsoft's Search Engine and its Comparison with other Major Search Engines'", Xiannong Meng, Song Xing, and Ty Clark. International Journal of Intelligent Information Technologies, 3(2), pp. 65-8, 2007, Ideas Group Publishing, Hershey, PA.
- "Approaches on Internet Growth Measurement: Hostname-Based vs. Address-Based'', Song Xing, Xiannong Meng, and Yonggao Yang. In Proceedings of the 2007 International Conference on Internet Computing, Las Vegas, Nevada, U.S.A. June 25-28, 2007.
- "Optimal Embeddings and Eigenvalues in Support Theory", Erik Boman, Stephen Guattery, and Bruce Hendrickson. SIAM Journal on Matrix Analysis and Applications, volume 29, issue 2, 2007.
- "Could a Caveman Do It? The Surprising Potential of Simple Attacks", L. Felipe Perrone, IEEE Security & Privacy, 5(6) pp. 74-77, (November/December), 2007.
- "Generating a Statically-Checkable Device Driver I/O Interface", Lea Wittie, Chris Hawblitzel and Derrin Pierret (BS CS '07). In Proceedings of Automatic Program Generation for Embedded Systems (APGES) 2007, Salzburg, Austria, October 4th, 2007
- Laddie: Language for Automated Device Drivers, Bucknell TR #08-2 , Lea Wittie, 2008.
- Clay User's Guide, Bucknell TR #08-1 , Lea Wittie, 2008.