James W. Baish
Professor of Biomedical Engineering and Mechanical Engineering
Dept. of Mechanical Engineering
Lewisburg, PA 17837
Phone: (570) 577-1163
Fax: (570) 577-7281
- B.S., Bucknell University, 1979
- M.S., University of Pennsylvania, 1983
- Ph.D., University of Pennsylvania, 1986
Teaching Interests/Courses Taught:
- Mechanics I (ENGR 220)
- Dynamics (MECH 252)
- Thermodynamics (MECH 211)
- Heat Transfer (MECH 312)
- System Dynamics (MECH 405)
- Biotransport II (BMEG 400)
- Biological heat and mass transport
- Origins of biological form
- Tumor physiology
- System dynamics
- "Fractals and Cancer". J.W. Baish, R.K. Jain, Cancer Research, Vol. 60, p. 3683-3688, 2000.
- "Viscous Damping of Vibrations of Microtubules". K.R. Foster and James W. Baish, Journal of Biological Physics, Vol. 26 (4), p. 255-260, 2000.
- "Design as a Liberal Art". J.W. Baish and T.P. Rich, Proceedings of the 2001 American Society for Engineering Education Annual Conference & Exposition.
- "Response to Correspondence from Chung and Chung re:" J.W. Baish and R.K. Jain, Fractals and Cancer. Cancer Research, 60: 3683-3688, 2000. Cancer Research, Vol. 61, p. 8348-8350.
- "Exploring Engineering at Bucknell University: a Seminar Approach to the First-Year Engineering Experience." Stephanie Butler Velegol, Margot A.S. Vigeant, James W. Baish, Richard Kozick, Richard J. Zaccone, Ronald D. Ziemian, Proceedings of the 2003 American Society for Engineering Education Annual Conference and Exposition.
- "Introducing first-year students to engineering, economics, and social responsibility: ADA compliance as a first project." Margot A.S. Vigeant, James W. Baish, Daniel Cavanagh, Richard Kozick, Stoian Petrescu, Richard J. Zaccone, Ronald D. Ziemian, Proceedings of the 2004 American Society for Engineering Education Annual Conference and Expositon".
- "Ethics for First-Year Engineers: The Struggle to Build a Solid Foundation". Margot A.S. Vigeant, James W. Baish, Daniel Cavanagh, Thomas DiStefano, Richard Kozick, Xiannon Meng, Thomas Rich, P. Aarne Vesilind, Ronald D. Ziemian, Proceedings of the 2005 Americal Society for Engineering Education Annual Conference and Exposition.
- "Mathematical Models of Angiogenesis". J.W. Baish, Microvascular Research: Biology and Pathology, Elsevier, 2006.
- "Microvascular Heat Transfer". J.W. Baish, The Biomedical Engineering Handbook, CR Press, 3rd Ed., 2006.
- "Thermal Conductivity Measurements of Biomaterials". J.W. Baish, Encyclopedia of Biomedical Engineering" John Wiley and Sons, 2006.