Assistant Professor of Education
on leave fall 2013
University of New Hampshire, B.A. in Theatre
University of New Hampshire, M.Ed.
Pennsylvania State University, Ph.D., Curriculum and Instruction
First Year at Bucknell
Impact of trauma on teacher identity; Pre-service teacher identity; Testimony; A/R/Tography; Poststructuralism; Representation and Performance, Critical Pedagogy; adolescents and literacy; Arts-in-Education; the influence of the tracking system on literacy identity on learners; role of identity, self and emotion in literacy learning; feminist pedagogy; critical literacy as a means of empowerment for 'at risk' adolescents; using multiple forms of text to understand one's subjectivity, addiction.
- Literacy Across the Contexts
- Literacy and Learning in the Diverse Classroom
- Integrating the Arts in Learning
- Elementary Student Teaching Supervision
- Social Foundations of Education
- Education and the Human Spirit