July 2006 News
- Lundquist named vice president for development and alumni relations
Samuel T. Lundquist has been named vice president for development and alumni relations at Bucknell. The appointment is effective Sept. 1.
- Bucknell to share Teagle grant looking at questions of meaning, value
Bucknell has been selected by the Teagle Foundation of New York City as part of a collaboration of four colleges and universities that will share a grant of $99,377 to examine secularity in liberal arts education and ways to engage students in questions of meaning and value.
- No flooding on campus, SBDC ready to help affected businesses
- Award-Winning Penn Central Wind Band to perform
- Bucknell SBDC celebrates 28th anniversary of growing small businesses
- Bucknell to host solar workshop, install solar array
- 239 student-athletes make dean's list, 215 get league honors
- 'Welcome to Lewisburg' to greet Class of 2010 in August
In a unique community welcome, dozens of downtown Lewisburg merchants will greet Bucknell's 930-member Class of 2010 with free food and gifts shortly after they arrive on campus in August.
- Students showcase summer research projects
Dozens of students showcased their summer research projects at the 2006 Summer Research Poster Session on the Bucknell campus Wednesday, July 26.
- SBDC offers four seminars to all veterans
The Bucknell University Small Business Development Center (SBDC), in partnership with the Veterans Corporation, is offering four seminars in September to all veterans and their spouses free of charge.