- Puppy love for stressed students
Therapy dogs help students unwind from the pressures of finals week.
- Bucknell and Geisinger strengthen bonds to save lives
The Bucknell Geisinger Research Initiative aims to foster collaboration and improve quality of care.
- Biology professor describes new plant species
A recent field expedition to the Australian Outback helped Professor Chris Martine identify a new variety of wild eggplant.
- Bucknell student documentary honored with award
The film, "Coming Home: The CARE Program," a 16-minute documentary produced by five Bucknell students, was honored with an award presented in October by Federal Chief Judge Yvette Kane in Harrisburg.
- Bucknell students pitch startups
ScheduleFast wins the 2013 Bucknell SBDC Business Pitch competition.
- WE DO Tour makes Manhattan stop
The WE DO Tour event in New York City drew nearly 700 Bucknellians from across the region.
- Bucknell breaks ground on new residence halls
Bucknell has begun construction on four new residence halls expected to open in fall 2015.
- Samek Art Gallery hosts exhibitions of abstract, queer and DIY contemporary art
The Samek Art Gallery at Bucknell University is hosting three exhibitions of abstract, queer and DIY contemporary art on campus and in Lewisburg. Gallery exhibitions and programs are free and open to the public.
- Free family-friendly matinee Dec. 14 at Weis Center
David Engel's Pirate School will come to the Weis Center for the Performing Arts stage at Bucknell University Dec. 14 at 1 p.m. The family-friendly matinee is free; tickets are not required.
- Downtown Art Gallery exhibition: 'Abstraction Today'
The Samek Art Gallery at Bucknell University is hosting the exhibition, "Abstraction Today," at the Downtown Art Gallery on Market Street in Lewisburg.
- Weis Center's spring season: a dozen dynamic and engaging performances
The Weis Center for the Performing Arts at Bucknell University will feature a dozen spring events: world music, jazz, blues, modern dance, traditional dance from Poland, classical, and a kid-friendly performance. The spring season will kick-off Jan. 24 with the modern dance troupe Les Ballets Jazz de Montreal.
- Samek Art Gallery sets spring schedule
The Samek Art Gallery at Bucknell University will host several art exhibitions on campus and in Lewisburg during the spring 2014 semester. Gallery exhibitions and programs are free and open to the public.
- Free yoga and live music monthly at Weis Center
The Weis Center for the Performing Arts at Bucknell University will host yoga sessions accompanied by live music five times during the spring semester. All yoga sessions are free and will take place in the Weis Center Lobby from noon to 1 p.m.
- Canadian modern dance troupe to perform Jan. 24 at Weis Center
Modern dance company Les Ballets Jazz de Montreal will grace the stage Jan. 24 at 7:30 p.m. at the Weis Center for the Performing Arts at Bucknell University.
- Dean Young is Poet-in-Residence at Bucknell
Dean Young is the 2013-14 Bucknell Poet-in-Residence. He will give a poetry reading Jan. 28 at 7 p.m. in the Stadler Center for Poetry in Bucknell Hall.
- Jazz at Bucknell Jan. 29: Kate McGarry and Keith Ganz Duo Palooza
Kate McGarry and Keith Ganz Duo Palooza will perform in concert Jan. 29 at 7:30 p.m. in Bucknell Hall at Bucknell University. The concert, which is free and open to the public, is part of the University's ongoing Jazz at Bucknell series.
- Polish classical ensemble in concert Jan. 31 at Weis Center
The award-winning Polish classical ensemble Szymanowski Quartet will perform works by Mozart, Puccini, Weinberg and Mendelssohn on Jan. 31 at 7:30 p.m. at the Weis Center for the Performing Arts at Bucknell University.
- CANCELLED: Poland's national dance company performance Feb. 7 at Weis Center
CANCELLED: The Feb. 7 performance by Poland's national dance company, the Slask Song and Dance Ensemble, at Bucknell University's Weis Center for the Performing Arts, has been cancelled. The box office is contacting advance ticket holders.
- Rita Dove is Bucknell's 11th Weis Fellow
The former U.S. Poet Laureate and Pulitzer Prize winner will speak at Bucknell on Feb. 27.