Information for Hosts
Greetings Potential Externship Host
Please note that signing up as an externship sponsor requires a short term commitment, typically 2 days during the students' Winter Break, mid-December to mid-January. Externship hosts can set the dates or arrange them with the student match.
During this time you are asked to provide your student(s) with:
- an itinerary for the experience (samples in the handbook).
- an overview of your industry
- a glimpse into the world of work
You will find all information about the program and your host responsibilities at this site.
Please contact Emily Dietrich at firstname.lastname@example.org or 570-577-1238 with questions.
- Sign up to be a Host on this form
- Externship Host Handbook (PDF) - contains all the information you need for a great externship!
- Sample Itineraries
- Program Overview (useful for HR or mangerial approval/support)
- Comments from Previous Externship Hosts
Evaluations: Hosts are asked to complete both after the externship
- Online Externship Host - Program Evaluation
- Student Evaluation (doc): forward a copy of the completed document to Emily Dietrich after you review it with your student