BPIP Internship Fund Mentors
The role of the mentor is essential to the success of this program. A mentor will be expected to:
- Get in touch with your Intern as soon as possible.
- Keep in touch with your Intern on a regular basis, particularly at the beginning of the Internship (when interns often have the most difficulty adjusting to their new surroundings).
- Talk to your Intern about his/her work situation. If the Intern is not finding the work interesting or challenging enough, brainstorm about ways of trying to address the problem.
Qualifications that make a good mentor:
- Commitment to the philosophy of the Bucknell Public Interest Program (BPIP) - promoting awareness and providing opportunties in the non-profit/public sector
- Desire to work with students
- Willingness to dedicate a few hours throughout the summer to comminucate with your intern
If you would like to become a mentor, please see the below documents for more information: