Adding and Working with Featurettes
In addition to using the "Created for Campus Use" featurettes available in Ingeniux, you may also create your own. Any HTML can be used in a featurette, so you can have text, images, slide shows, links, videos, RSS feeds, etc.
- Scroll down to YOUR Featurette folder.
- Right click and select New > Component.
- Complete the relevant and required fields for the featurette. The Page Heading is a required field that shows up at top of the featurette in Heading 2 size.
- The Text field has all the common WYSWIG tools.
- You can add an image in the Image field or the Text field. || Get a reminder about how to upload images to Ingeniux.
- Images used in featurettes can be no wider than 285 pixels. You can set how the text will wrap around the image by using your alignment options.
- The "Link to more information" is a place to direct visitors to a further location. This is not required. The text on the page will say "Read more". You can offer an internal link (just drag and drop from the site tree), an external link (remember to use the full URL like http://www.google.com and choose "Display in new window"), or a document link (to a document you've already uploaded to Ingeniux via your Assets folder). || Get a reminder about how to upload documents to Ingeniux.
- Your "Read more" link is attached to the "Choose an image" field, so if there is an image in that field and you are using the Link to more information field, these will both go to the same destination.
- To see a featurette, place it on a page and then go to the PREVIEW tab for that page. (Note that the featurette will not appear on the live site until the featurette has been published.)
- Go to the page where you want to place the featurette, and Advance the page to "Edit Page".
- You should see two to three featurette fields just below your Body Copy area.
- Locate the featurette you want to use in the site tree, then drag and drop it into the featurette field on the page you are editing.
- To see the featurette, go to the PREVIEW tab for the page where it is placed.
- New featurettes must be published before they are visible on the live site, but if you are using an existing featurette, you only need to publish the page itself.