Bison go for third league title and NCAA bid today
Fan buses left campus at 8:30 a.m. today for Worcester, Mass., and the Patriot League showdown.
LEWISBURG, Pa. - The No. 2 Bison go for their third straight Patriot League title at No. 1 Holy Cross today. The winner gets an automatic bid to the NCAA Tournament. The 4:30 p.m. game will be carried on ESPN2.
What's at stake? A win over the Holy Cross Crusaders would:
- Win the third consecutive and third overall Patriot League championship
- Secure an automatic bid to the NCAA Tournament - the team's third straight NCAA berth and fifth in program history
- Join the Crusaders as the only Patriot League teams to win three straight PL titles
- Win its 15th game in a row, which would extend the longest modern-day winning streak in school history
- Win its 23rd game in 27 outings since the 0-4 start
- Reach the 23-win plateau for the sixth time in school history
- Tie a school record with its 11th road victory of the season
- Improve to 10-9 against the Crusaders at the Hart Center
- Improve to 7-4 against Holy Cross in the Patriot League Tournament (3-1 in PL championship games)
- Win its 9th straight Patriot League Tournament game, which would be a league record.
Read the complete game preview.
Updated March 9, 2007
Next story >>