Please note: You are viewing an archived Bucknell University news story. It is possible that information found on this page has become outdated or inaccurate, and links and images contained within are not guaranteed to function correctly.
[X] Close this message.
Fan buses left campus at 8:30 a.m. today for Worcester, Mass., and the Patriot League showdown.
LEWISBURG, Pa. - The No. 2 Bison go for their third straight Patriot League title at No. 1 Holy Cross today. The winner gets an automatic bid to the NCAA Tournament. The 4:30 p.m. game will be carried on ESPN2.
What's at stake? A win over the Holy Cross Crusaders would:
- Win the third consecutive and third overall Patriot League championship
- Secure an automatic bid to the NCAA Tournament - the team's third straight NCAA berth and fifth in program history
- Join the Crusaders as the only Patriot League teams to win three straight PL titles
- Win its 15th game in a row, which would extend the longest modern-day winning streak in school history
- Win its 23rd game in 27 outings since the 0-4 start
- Reach the 23-win plateau for the sixth time in school history
- Tie a school record with its 11th road victory of the season
- Improve to 10-9 against the Crusaders at the Hart Center
- Improve to 7-4 against Holy Cross in the Patriot League Tournament (3-1 in PL championship games)
- Win its 9th straight Patriot League Tournament game, which would be a league record.
Read the complete game preview.
Updated March 9, 2007