Support for Student Computers
The Bison Laptop program strives to offer the best possible technical support for students who participate in it. In order to provide this premium level of support, we need to differentiate between the support that we can offer to participants and the support that we can offer to students who choose another make or model.
All Bison Laptops receive priority service at the Tech Desk.
We have experienced certified technicians for both Apple and Lenovo who can handle your warranty requirements.
What You Can Expect at the Tech Desk with Your Bison Laptop Program Lenovo
- Expedited and complete tech support - your computer will be serviced before non-program machines
- Preferred Pricing
- On-site parts for rapid replacement
- Loaner laptops for repairs that take more than 24 hours
- Bucknell image to restore your machine to its original state
- All models sold with Accidental Damage warranties
- Certified technicians to handle all warranty interaction with manufacturer
What You Can Expect at the Tech Desk with your Bison Laptop Program Mac
- Apple certified technicians who can initiate warranty support
- Loaner laptops for repairs that need to be sent to Apple or require more than 48 hours to repair
What You Can Expect at the Tech Desk with Other Makes and Models
We always support every computer that a student brings to the Tech Desk, regardless of whether it's part of the Bison Laptop Program. There is no charge for hardware or software support. This includes support for virus removal, malware infestations, software installation, file transfer, software assistance, backing up of personal data on external hard drives, etc.
However, for hardware issues, or if the operating system fails or malware corrupts your computer:
- You will need to work out support issues with the manufacturer
- You will need to contact the manufacturer and arrange for delivery of parts
- You will need to reinstall and update the operating system on your own
- Bison Laptop computers will take priority
Local Computer Service Providers
We provide a list of local computer service providers for your convenience; we do not recommend any one in particular. Please feel free to contact these businesses and determine which will best meet your needs. Some vendors may offer discounts to Bucknell University students, so that may be worth inquiring about when researching a potential service provider.