June 2007 News
- Brown named Bucknell’s chief investment officer
Christopher D. Brown has been named the chief investment officer for Bucknell.
- Service, synagogue, and salsa highlight Uruguay trip
A recent service trip left a group of Bucknell students with a better appreciation of Jewish culture, Uruguayan culture, and the importance of having a roof over your head.
- NSF award helps get bipedal robots up and running
A recent award from the National Science Foundation allowed Bucknell professor Keith Buffinton to travel to Stanford and join a former student working on developing agile two-legged robots.
- SBDC hosts Women's Business Roundtable
The Bucknell SBDC will host a free Business Women's Roundtable June 22 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at La Primavera Italiano Ristorante, Route 45 West, Lewisburg.
- SBDC hosts financing seminar
The Bucknell SBDC will host the seminar, "Financing Your Small Business," June 28, from 7:30 to 9 a.m., at the South Room, Puirseil's Irish Pub, on South Sixth Street in Lewisburg.
- SBDC hosts penny pinching workshop
The Bucknell SBDC will host the workshop, "Penny Pinching Sales and Marketing Ideas," June 20, from 8:30 to 10:30 a.m. at the SBDC Business Education Center, 207 Chamberlin Building, Fifth and Market streets in Lewisburg.
- Bucknell to inaugurate national speakers series
Beginning this fall, Bucknell University will inaugurate a national speakers series, “The Bucknell Forum: The Citizen and Politics in America.”
- BJRE reunites for concert at Bucknell
The original members of the Bucknell Jazz & Rock Ensemble (BJRE) will perform in concert Saturday, June 30, at 7:30 p.m. in the Weis Center for the Performing Arts at Bucknell University. The performance, which is free to the public, will be recorded for the group's next CD.
- Scholars enroll through Community College, Posse programs
Sixteen outstanding community-college students will transfer into Bucknell this fall through the Community College Scholars Program, while the renowned Posse Scholars Program is expanded to include Boston as well as Washington, D.C.
- Reunion 2007 brings 2,000 alumni, guests to campus
Reunion 2007 brought nearly 2,000 Bucknell alumni and guests to campus from as far as Singapore, London, and Turkey.
Alumni award winners || Ken Langone is Taylor Medal recipient
- Bucknell honors Langone with Taylor Medal
Kenneth G. Langone was honored with the Stephen W. Taylor Medal, Bucknell's most significant award, during the University's 2007 Reunion Weekend. || Reception speech
- Bucknell is recipient of $110,000 ExxonMobil grant
The ExxonMobil Foundation has provided Bucknell University with a grant of nearly $110,000.
- Women's lightweight eight wins national championship
Capping the most successful season in program history, the Bucknell women's rowing varsity lightweight eight won the Grand Final at the IRA National Championship Regatta Saturday.
- Bucknell honors staff at Commencement
Several members of the Bucknell University staff were honored with awards during the University's Commencement ceremonies May 20.
- Reunion scheduled for May 31 to June 3
Bucknell will host Reunion Weekend May 31 through June 3, with thousands of alumni planning to return to the campus, and several events open to the local community.